Dr Andrew and Dr Smith are NDC Accredited Practitioners via Possums Education. We are able to provide a unique, evidence-based approach to infant sleep problems, which families may find particularly helpful if traditional “sleep training” methods have not worked for their family.
If you are having trouble with you baby or toddler’s sleep, please make an appointment to see either Dr Andrew or Dr Smith to see if we can help.
Below are some resources that you may also find useful:
- “Babies and Sleep: A Matter of Choice” by Dr Pamela Douglas
- “”Helping Baby Sleep: Does Extinction Sleep Training Improve Baby’s Sleep?” by Dr Tracy Cassels
- The Possums Sleep Film and Workbook – available for purchase for $37
- BASIS – Baby Sleep Info Source – also available as an app
- Dr James McKenna and the Mother-Baby Behavioural Sleep Laboratory
- The Australian Association for Infant Mental Health (position statement on controlled crying)
- “Optimizing Parent-Infant Sleep From Birth to 6 Months: A New Paradigm” Koa Whittington and Pamela Douglas.
- “Behavioural Sleep Interventions in the First 6 Months of Life Do Not Improve Outcomes For Mothers or Infants: A Systematic Review” by Pamela Douglas and Peter Hill.